Thursday, January 16, 2014

Finding Rest and Beauty At Anna's


Here I am in New Mexico at my daughter's house.


Thus far, vacation has been super easy to take to.
We went to bed early, we got up late.  
We sat on the sofa sipping coffee in our jammies, then leisurely enjoyed a lovely breakfast fritata.  

My room has chocolates, roses, lots of pillows to keep me company at night, 
a humidifier, magazines, and a super cozy afghan that Anna made for me. 
 Anna knows how to spoil a guest!



Scott and Anna have a beautiful home.
Soooo romantic!



Note the airplane pillow Anna made for Scott.  All the little details in the living room point to the military life, which is blended nicely with Anna's soft and gentle style.



Love this platter that was a wedding gift from some of Scott's family.



  Anna has made lots of cute pillows that give her home a sweet appeal and comfy-ness.



She has taken great delight in making a home that is warm and welcoming to their many friends, 
whom they have over often. 
Today we shall have a visit with some children whom Anna has grown very fond of, 
and I will get a kid-fix.




I am still working at getting her very shy dog, Zoey, to take to me.
Zoey did come near to me today and sit for a moment just out of reach and look pitiful at me. 
 But, when I spoke to her it scared her to death and she retreated to her special hide-away.
I am gaining on her, however, and am confident to make a friend of her while here. 
 Just a moment ago, she looked at me and wagged her tail, so we are making progress.
(chuckle)


Snap chat, email and a phone call a day is keeping me up to speed with how things are going back in Idaho.
Brian is chugging along through school with very little trouble.  
The children are sleeping well and having fun with daddy at home.


It is a beautiful sunny day here.
Anna and I are still chatting away, sipping tea, making plans for the week ahead, 
and looking forward to seeing all of Anna's life here.

Blessings to you this day!
All the way from New Mexico,
Julianne

3 comments:

  1. SO NICE TO SEE YOU ARE HAVING A WONDERFUL VISIT WITH YOUR DAUGHTER! I LOVE GETTING TO SEE ALL THE PICTURES,IT IS VERY PRETTY! TAKE IT EASY AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful home.

    I am so glad for your time together.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you got to visit her. I know that you have missed her. Enjoy your time with your daughter. I love your blog and check in once a week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...