Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Human Solar Panels

Early one sunny morning last week, I found my husband soaking up the sunshine out on the porch, reading his Bible.  I quietly slipped back inside so as to not disturb him.  As I did, my eye caught a gleam of sunshine reflecting off the solar panels.  My husband had turned them toward the morning sun, to catch the full benefit of their rays.

As the day progressed, we pivoted the panels to track the sun.  We have continued to do this, especially on cloudy days, when we need the maximum charge attainable.  The solar panels receive sunlight, which it translates into power and stores the power in our batteries.  The batteries charge the lodge.
As I was washing dishes, it all came together clear in my mind, how similar we are to solar panels.

Our greatest need is to direct our focus on the Son, receiving wisdom and power from Him, in which we can then turn into holy energy so that we may live a Godly life, minister to others, and reflect His glory.  It is just so simple.

We must start with a moment.

                                       And a humble spirit, eager and willing to receive,

Then, take what we have gained and be willing to impart it in our daily lives, to whomever God puts in our path.

 
“It is good for me to draw near to the Lord, I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works.”  Psalm.  73:28 

Lyrics of songs bounce across my mind…
“A reflection of you I long to be, so your kingdom I will seek…”
                Before the day slips away, I want to stop and say, I love you, I love you.”
                           “My heart’s one desire is to be holy, set apart for you Lord…”
                                              “Be Thou my vision O Lord of My heart….”

                      My own prayer; "O God, may I be a human solar panel for You Today."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...