Friday, September 10, 2010

Before the Day

There is something about the morning,
the stillness,
except the toddler who definitely is a morning person. 
But the house remains still for yet awhile. 
Coffee in hand,
I crawl back into my cozy soft  bed for a few moments before the day awakens.


As my mind begins to swirl with thoughts of the day,
I bridle it and redirect it to the
One thing first.
Before the day slips away,
I want to take time to talk to my Lord.  
 To tell Him I love Him. 
Soon life will rush in, and first,
I need to focus,
to be still and know that He is God. 
To be reminded that there is none above Him.
 He is all I need.
He is the one who gave His life for me.
I am thanking him for the cross, for His forgiveness,
for His grace so that I may arise in Him,
with Him,
and accomplish this day for Him, through Him.

Sipping the last of my coffee,
I hear the floor squeak above my head
and the pounding of little feet coming down the stairs.
I gaze out my bedroom window, 
where I see a deer fading into the shadows of the forest.  
He too realizes morning hush is over.


Children are stirring, and feel compelled to join me in my bed,
but there are still a few things...
Thanking the Father for the blessing of each one, 
for getting me through another day,
for a good night's sleep, and I acknowledge my need. 
I need Him more,
more than yesterday.
 I need to relinquish myself, again. 
Like opening a canal and letting God himself be the life that flows though me. 
"It's all about You Lord, and not about me,"
I remind myself.

Chattering and commotion picks up pace,
and I know my quiet time before the day has come to an end. 
All through the day there will be more moments,
but these first ones, they are the key. 
They are the kindling of spiritual fire,
for passion to live rightly before a Holy God.
To ensure He is my Vision.
The best, most critical, valuable time of all then,
is before the day.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Julianne, for this beautiful post. As I read it, I recollect my morning today and the precious time I had early with my Lord.

    Words here today that spoke to my heart, stuck to me like glue: "...His grace so that I may arise in Him, with Him, and accomplish this day for Him, through Him."
    ACCOMPLISH THIS DAY FOR HIM! I just love that and want to remember that.

    "...to relinquish myself...."

    "...these first ones, they are the key.
    They are the kindling of spiritual fire,
    for passion to live rightly before a Holy God."

    May your tomorrows be blessed as well as the todays. ~ loving you, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...