Sunday, September 29, 2013

Log Home Tour Part 6: Our Family Room and School Room

Welcome to the Providence Lodge Home Tour!

In part 6, I am showing you our family room.

This room has been in the process of being modified for a school room over the summer.
We have never had a school room before, always using the dining room table.
One day, it just seemed like a good idea to use this big space upstairs for schooling. 
 Inspired, I ordered big maps for the wall..(I adore maps)...added school supplies,
 a bookshelf for reference books, and our extra table.



This room is open to the stairs and hallway, making it feel much bigger than the 18x15 it is.
The french doors will hopefully eventually lead onto a second floor deck.
This room has functioned as our movie room, play room,
 and stringing a sheet across the opening, it becomes a second spare room.


 All of our games, puzzles, coloring books, art supplies and notebooks are now stored 
on the shelving in the corner. 
 Each student also has a basket for their books and nature journal.





Just our reference books are on this bookshelf. 
 I like the idea of having them right at hand.
 The rest of our books 
(well, except the piles of children's books in the living room)
 are down the hall.



At the end of the hall is a cozy spot to read alongside our little library.



Soon, soon we shall see how our new school room works. 
 The time is just around the corner now.

3 comments:

  1. My goodness, I had to remind myself quick-like of the 10th commandment, because as soon as I saw that picture of your little library with that oh-so-cozy reading spot, I was tempted to be filled with envy!! ;-) Thank God for His Word that cuts and purifies my heart!! :)

    Seriously though, what a beautiful picture of a lovely place. I'm sure I could easily curl up there and get lost in other worlds for hours at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea for your space. You can still use it for movies or a guest but with the way you have it set up it is very functional for a school room.

    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks sooo much for more of the tour!!!! I loved the school area , it looks so cozy and nice.So do you decorate the cabin for Christmas? If so I would love and enjoy seeing the photos! Your alls home is like a home I dream of one day maybe? Many blessings and happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and input are very much appreciate
- Blessings!
Julianne

Living Counter Cultural: Femininity

Popular culture has a decidedly feminist bent.  Recent movies, tv shows and prominent women  are displaying heroins as   to...